We’re living in unprecedented times with the rapid spread of the Coronavirus. To help stop the spread, many of us are staying home or social distancing. As individuals, we must do our part to protect ourselves from unwanted germs, especially as we isolate ourselves at home.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended sanitizing the surfaces most used in your home as family members leave to get essentials at grocery and convenience stores, in order to kill any germs brought back into the home.
Now more than ever, it’s important to protect your home from germs. Below are 10 best practices to prevent exposure to unwanted viruses in your home.
- Keep disinfecting wipes near entryway doors and sinks
- Keep your heating temperature low, germs don’t like cold temperatures
- Open a window to air out your space
- Spray down your home with disinfectant before leaving and upon return
- Keep hand sanitizer in your car’s cup holder
- Start a game with your kids — who washes their hands the best!
- Remove your shoes before entering your home and place them in a moving box outside your front or back door
- Clean the two largest surfaces in your home regularly: your floors and countertop spaces
- Increase showering to twice a day or one more shower than usually
- Practice social distancing
Our qualified professional remodeling team can assist you in creating the home remodel of your dreams on the north shore of Nassau county, Long Island. We are your local contractor of choice in towns like Oyster Bay, Manhasset, Plainview, Jericho, etc. For more information on our Long Island-based kitchen remodeling contractors, email us or call (516) 588-5992.