The time has come for our annual spring cleaning! Now is your chance to declutter your home and give it a good scrub down as we enter the warmer months of the year. While we’re staying home to try and stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, now is a good time to stay busy and give your home the boost it needs.
If you skipped your spring cleaning for a few years and the project appears to be too large to tackle, we can offer some spring organizing tips to make it seem less daunting. After you’ve cleaned from top to bottom, the organizing can begin. Remember, spring cleaning and organizing don’t need to be finished in one day – spread it out over a weekend or a few weekdays to get the job done.
Below are some spring organization tips to get your home in tip top shape.
- Throw out or donate anything you haven’t used in 6 months
- Have a designated home for every item
- Use labels for rooms like the kitchen, playroom and office
- Keep an umbrella holder by the door
- Declutter the garage
- Use drawer organizers
- File your important documents, other papers
- Clear out the shed and organize tools
- Clean unused towels from linen closet or replace
- Go one room at a time, one drawer at a time
Our qualified professional remodeling team can assist you in creating the home remodel of your dreams on the north shore of Nassau county, Long Island. We are your local contractor of choice in towns like Oyster Bay, Manhasset, Plainview, Jericho, etc. For more information on our Long Island-based kitchen remodeling contractors, email us or call (516) 481-4707.