Building Permits

Obtaining Building Permits for Home Improvement Projects:

Checking with your building department about how to obtain building permits should be one of the first steps when planning any home improvement project. Permits are essential because they ensure that you have met all of the necessary standards that need to be met before home remodels and redesigns can begin. Your new project needs to be in compliance with local building codes, zoning, environmental, and construction requirements. The purpose of these codes and requirements is to give assurance that the home is safe from structural failure, fire hazards, and health risks.

Fencing and window installation, plumbing and electrical work, structural changes, additions, and remodels are a few of the home improvement projects that require building permits. You can apply for a permit at your local public government office, but depending on the level of difficulty and complexity of the project, there may be a delay in obtaining your building permits. If your home improvement plans do not meet the requirements, the local code official will go over different solutions to help you get approved, which may delay your remodel even longer.

Your best bet when dealing with building permits is to leave it to the professionals. The general contractors at Center Island Contracting can accelerate the permit process by dealing directly with the township and get you a fast approval on your building permits. Our contractors are experienced in dealing with plan examiners and inspectors and can make sure all the requirements are met so your home improvement project isn’t delayed unnecessarily.

At Center Island Contracting we want to make your home improvement projects as stress-free and hassle-free as possible. Our general contractors are skillful and knowledgeable in many areas of home redesign, including filing for and obtaining building permits for your new remodel. Let us get you your quick approval so you can get started on your dream home. For more information, please call 631-465-9765.