Building a new construction home means completely customizing your new house with the floor plan and design that fits your family’s needs.
Our design-build firm has an extensive library of floor plans and home designs to choose from, custom-designed to your style and budget. Whether your family chooses to select a model from our floor plan library or work with our design experts to create a brand new, custom design just for you, your family won’t regret choosing to build new with Center Island Contracting.
Before your easy 3-step process for your new construction home begins, choose whether you want to knock down and rebuild on your own land or select from our curated list of available lots to build on. From there, you will start Center Island Contracting’s New Home 123 Process.
Step 1 – Find
- Look through our extensive library to find a floor plan or design a floor plan customized to your needs
- Find a lot to build on in a neighborhood you love
Step 2 – Design
- Design your new home from top to bottom
- Visit our selection center to choose materials like flooring, tiles, cabinets and flooring
- Set your budget and design within it
Step 3 – Build
- Center Island Contracting will take care of the permit process
- Once permits are approved, our construction management team will oversee the building process
- Your new construction home is built efficiently, quickly and within budget
The stigma associated with new construction homes is that the cost is astronomically more than buying a home through a realtor. Center Island Contracting has some tips for avoiding certain fees associated with building new. By saving some or all of the structure upon knocking down, you may be able to avoid being classified as new construction for tax purposes. Additionally, buying the land yourself can save as much as 25% versus having the builder buy and re-sell you the same property. You can also avoid New York’s mansion tax, considering the land itself will likely be below the million-dollar threshold.
Center Island Contracting is your contractor of choice for new home construction on the north shore of Nassau county, Long Island. Our qualified professional new home construction management team is here to help you build the new home of your dreams. With the knowledge about local and New York State laws, our staff can answer all your questions and streamline the entire process. Email us or call (631) 292-1870.